Monday 4 October 2010

All the ducks are swimming in the water...

So the title isn't that accurate. There aren't any ducks around that I've seen, but there were plenty of seagulls...

Lennxville flooded on Friday. Everyone went crazy; people went swimming on the football field. I walked through it. And back. For no reason. Walking through water up to your hips is not a sensible thing to do, particularly while wearing shoes. I wasn't even going to walk through it, but then a massive truck went through and the wake soaked my shoes and half my jeans. I figured since they were already soaked it wouldn't hurt to make it worse. I think the weirdest part was tipping my shoes and having water pour out, and then having to wring the damned things out. It didn't help much: they were still sloshing as we walked back to campus, and I'm just glad we have dryers that actually dry things. Apparently it floods every couple of years though, and the uni even has an evacuation program in case they have to. I think they did it in 2005, but they were only a couple of feet from doing it this year too.

It was a lot of fun though, and I actually go the new camera out and took pictures. I have more from Saturday as well, but Facebook is having issues and not letting me upload them at all. I guess I'll try again later and see if it does anything. At least it's stopped raining, right? Even if it has suddenly gotten really cold. Autumn is fully setting in and all the trees are turning, so they look all pretty and colourful. It's really cold though, and it's going to be at least a couple of weeks before I get to the mall. It's Thanksgiving this weekend, so pretty much everyone is going home and I'll be one of the few people left on campus. I don't mind so much.

My first assignment is due on Tuesday. Considering how long I put it off for, it only took me about an hour and a half to write the whole thing. We had a working brunch today and went over each other's essays to make them better. It's about 300 words over the word count, but she said 700 words or three pages, and it's three pages. She didn't give us a max limit though, so I guess it's ok. No idea how I'll do on it, but whatever. This one isn't worth that much.

I might just make this a short entry, I'm sitting in Dewie's and my fingers are going numb. Might go curl up in bed where it's warm for a bit before lunch and classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment