Sunday 31 October 2010

Happy Halloweekend!

I hadn't realised it had been ten days since my last update, so I figure I'm probably overdue.

I have finished my midterms, and just had a panic attack thinking the next essay was due in four days. It isn't. It's not due until Nov 23rd. This is very good news. I did wonder why nobody had mentioned it at all, but now I can be calm and not have to stress about it. To be honest I would be perfectly capable of doing it, but I don't really want that sprung on me that suddenly. The only reason I got thrown was because she was away for a couple of classes and the schedule got shifted. The original syllabus said the 4th, but the sheet she gave us a couple of classes ago says it's the 23rd. Stupid schedule changes scaring me...

Panic over. Breathe.

I do have two essays due that week though, so I'm guessing I'll need to be a little further ahead of schedule than usual. That's perfectly fine. It's far enough away that I don't need to get worked up about it.

We had the first proper snow last night. There's only an inch or so on the ground, but it settled, and that's the main thing. It's not even November yet! Admittedly it gets significantly colder here than it does back home, so it's perfectly reasonable for it to be snowing at the end of October. It's 0 degrees at the moment, but it was about -1 overnight. It's not actually feeling too cold out there, but the wind has dropped from the past couple of days.

Tonight is the final night of the BU Halloweekend. Last night was pretty noisy, but hopefully it will be quieter today. I won't be doing anything even if people are out celebrating again. I'd rather stay inside where it's warm and reasonably quiet.

We watched Jaws on Friday for Film Adaptation class. It's hilarious. It's not in any way scary. It's actually probably the best film we've studied in that class so far. The rest have all been pretty bad (even if they are apparently classics). I think this is the last one we're studying, though, so at least we're doing one good film. I can't believe I've never seen it before.

I think I'll stop writing this and warm up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment