Tuesday 12 October 2010

Turkey, Turkey

This week has been less exciting than last week. We have had no crazy weather, or random acts of imaginary omnipotent beings. Life has been significantly more boring.

On the plus side, we had turkey. My first Thanksgiving was pretty epic, all things considered. A couple of the girls I have classes with were hosting a Thanksgiving meal and inviting pretty much anyone who was around and wanted free food. It was a lot of fun. We had real cheese (oh how I've missed it) and crackers, and an epic turkey dinner. We sat around drinking and talking, and we watched some episodes of Charlie Brown (particularly the Thanksgiving episode, as intended). We did have the scary and depressing episode aptly named 'Why, Charlie Brown, Why?' in which a random character with too much hair got cancer. We were terrified. What had become of lighthearted cartoons??

It's ok; she got better, And her hair grew back miraculously quickly. All is right with the world.

The wonders of youtube meant we ended up watching some random videos and sang some disney songs, because we'd passed the mellow part of the night at about 8pm and had become slightly insane.

I'm glad I got to do something fun for my first ever Thanksgiving. It sure beat sitting in my room alone and eating at Dewie's...

Other than the epic Thanksgiving, I have little else to talk about this week. I just felt I needed a new entry seeing as it had been a week since I updated this thing. People have started returning to campus now, so I actually have people to talk to again. I'm going to miss the quiet that was a near-empty rez, though.

Film or sleep? Film or sleep? Film or sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment