Saturday 16 October 2010

Leaving Lennoxvegas

I finally managed to go on the shopping trip we've been planning for the last month. We had decided to go the weekend it flooded, so that didn't end up happening, what with the road being closed and all. Then the weekend after was Thanksgiving so basically everybody had gone home. We all had a free day and no other plans, so we went yesterday and had an epic day of retail therapy. I finally have a winter coat! It wasn't the most expensive anyway, but there was also 40% off, which is just a bonus, really. I also managed to get some new trainers to replace my old ones that are worn out and got drowned in the flood. I don't know how much they were supposed to be, but the label on the shelf said $80. When I paid for them and some hairbands that were $6, the total only came to about $51 something, so maybe they were half price as well? I'm so not complaining.

I bought a Canadian phone too, so I can actually communicate with people here now! It's so much easier than relying on the internet, what with people not being online etc... I don't think the bus trip to the mall is one I particularly want a repeat of. It takes about 40 minutes to get there and about half an hour back, but it kept making me feel ill. I'm not sure why though.

No plans for today yet, but there isn't really much to do outside of class work. I'm sure I'll come up with something - spend the day in Dewie's or something.

The amalgamated 'Kailee' bought a couple of fish as well (aptly named Jean-Luc Bacardi and Axel Jagermeister) and spent the entire bus ride back trying to work out the names. It seems only right that the fish of Bishop's students should be named after alcohol, really.

I finally got to try real Poutine, yesterday. It's just not the same making your own in Dewie's.

I'm so glad I finally managed to get shopping though, I've had a list of things I needed for a while, but this was the first chance I've had to actually get it all. I even got a haircut, because my fringe was driving me crazy and it really did need doing. How I've missed shopping! I've been going slowly crazy since I got here, though I think part of that might be because I've barely left campus - there's pretty much nothing else to do around here...)

I had my first midterm on Wednesday; it was pretty easy, although my hand isn't any better at coping with a lot of writing than it used to be. I keep having to stop and stretch my fingers to try and stop it hurting. I got the test finished though, and hopefully I didn't do too badly on it.

I just got back from breakfast and now I have no idea what else I was going to write...

No comments:

Post a Comment