Thursday 2 September 2010

Departure: Take #1

So I made it to the gate. We got there in plenty of time, and everything was fine. We got a coffee. We said goodbye and I went through security. I sat down at the gate and got my book out. I think I managed to read about half a sentence, when an announcement came on over the tannoy. My flight was cancelled. Brilliant. I nearly cried.
Then there was the having to go and collect our bags and queue. Again. I'd already queued for ages to check in, and now I have to queue again to find out what the hell I was supposed to do. Thankfully there was a woman with blue hair who was also supposed to be on the flight, and she very kindly passed the message onto my mum and sister, who were heading back to the car.
I was supposed to be on the 10.30 flight to Amsterdam, and then another flight through to Montreal, getting there in plenty of time to find the hostel, meet other international students, and have a nice evening making friends and stuff before getting the uni bus in the morning.
Now I'm getting the 17.20 (I think) to Amsterdam. I have a night in Amsterdam airport, and then I'm on a flight to Paris at 8.05 am. This means I have to get up at about 5 in the morning. Unimpressed. Then there's an hour-and-a-half or so turnaround in Paris before I finally board a plane for Montreal, where I should arrive at about 2-something in the afternoon. From there I'm going to have to probably find a bus station; find the right bus to Sherbrooke (or Lennoxville, or somewhere in that general direction) and then probably have to take a taxi from there to the uni.
This was so much easier when they didn't cancel my damned flight...
So yea, I am tired, stressed, and more than a little pissed off. And back home writing this in the few hours gap I have before we try this whole shebang again.
Got to cuddle the cat one last time, at least; he'd vanished this morning so I didn't get to see him.
I think this is my longest blog yet... Of the grand total of three there will be when I post this thing. Think I've calmed down a bit, and my rant may be over.
 Stomach still feels weird though...

No comments:

Post a Comment