Wednesday 15 September 2010

Let there be chicken soup

I'm ill. I don't know if I'm more annoyed about being ill, or about the fact that I haven't made it through university without getting ill during freshers week... Well, OK, technically Frosh week is over. But it's basically fresher's flu, and I'm not happy about it. I only have a small pack of tissues, and it's about a ten minute walk to find the grocery store to buy more... And food. I have no food in my room; which sucks when I get the munchies in the middle of the night, because there's nothing I can do about it.
So admittedly I'm not hungry right now, but I could do with a drink other than diet coke or water, which is all I have. OK, maybe I am hungry if the stomach growling is any indication. Plus Dewie's will have closed about three minutes ago, even if I was dressed and had the motivation to go and find something.
My throat is killing me. It's sore and a bit itchy, so I keep coughing and swallowing. I want to be better! I've been having a few days of feeling rubbish. I nearly passed out in the shower on Friday, so I made the decision to nap for an hour and then do laundry, before spending the rest of the day in bed. I felt better for it, even if I did miss the film screening for The Birds. They didn't get to watch it in the room with the epic cinema chairs, so I'm not too heartbroken about it.
I'm pretty wide awake again. I was so close to falling asleep, but then I really needed to blow my nose, which meant getting out of bed, turning the light on and finding the tissues. Then I decided that it had been too long since I'd updated this thing, and that now would be a brilliant time to sit and do just that... I wonder about myself sometimes.
Classes have been good so far; I think I've got all of my books except for a couple that had sold out/not been ordered when I went last time. Apparently they're all in now though, so I will probably go get them tomorrow morning. Maybe get some pjs in there too... My Classical Myth class this afternoon was seriously boring. He basically rambled on for an hour and a half giving us the entire history of Ancient Greece. To be honest he could have just given us the sheet and moved on, but he felt the need to go through all 24 'important' occurrences of the entire civilisation. I think we're getting started on the interesting stuff next class though, so it should get better.
I need to go shopping. Not just for the food/tissues/winter stuff, but I just want to go shopping. I've been on this campus for eleven days, and I've only left once to walk into Lennoxville and back. I think we might bully our flatmate into driving us to Sherbrooke so we can have a bit of retail therapy at the weekend or something.
I might stick a dvd on and try and get to sleep, I'm supposed to be meeting people for breakfast at 8am tomorrow, so I'll need to be up in time to shower and stuff. Plus I'm feeling rubbish and sitting like this is killing my neck and sending my foot to sleep...
Think this is classed as a short update - considering the length of the last one...

My nose hurts ¬_¬

No comments:

Post a Comment