Sunday 1 May 2011

Someone told me it's all happening at the zoo

I do believe it; I do believe it's true...

Ahem. I'll stop...

I seriously suck at this blogging thing, don't I? Third update in four months... I suppose it could be worse, but I've definitely failed at keeping up with it this semester.

Anyway, so I finished at BU last week and came to Oshawa to stay with cousins for a couple of weeks. Didn't do much for the first week and a half but now my friend has come over from the UK for the week. We spent six hours walking around Toronto Zoo and managed to take about 200 photos...

I also got sunburn, which I kind of saw coming. It was glorious sunshine and we were going to be outside for hours on end. At least it doesn't hurt, right? I have a weirdly shaped neckline now though, which will be mildly annoying, I think.

Not sure what else we're doing when, but we're planning to go to Toronto itself and out to Niagara as well. It should be fun and keep us busy for the week, and then he's flying home and I'm flying out to Victoria, BC for about a month to stay with a friend and explore out there before I finally get home in time for my birthday.

It was hard leaving BU, which I was kind of expecting. I guess I just hadn't thought about the fact that I actually had to say goodbye to everyone. I know there are some people I'm going to see again (some already had plans to be in the UK within the next couple of years) and there are others that I'm probably never going to see again.

This semester was pretty awesome. Some of it nearly killed me, but other parts were amazing. I got published in the Mitre (oldest university literary journal in the country) and managed an 82% average or something. Best semester of uni so far.

What else was there about this semester? So many things have happened and it's been a stupidly long time since I updated this thing. I got three new piercings, which I don't think I said in my last update, even though I'd already got them by that point. There was QUEUC (Quebec Universities English Undergraduate Conference) where we basically spent two days listening to interesting papers and meeting new people, plus a wine and cheese and a second poetry slam. I actually read some of my own stuff this time, since I knew I was definitely going. It was a lot of fun again, and I'm glad I got to do both of them.

I know there were other things, but I really can't think of anything... Six hours of walking in the sun and a mild case of sunburn has melted my brain. Now I'm sitting in the 'basement' watching Wanted and contemplating getting coffee. It was much easier when I had Dewies, but ah well. It's probably a good thing not having easy access to that much junk food...

I could totally crash right now. It's been a long day. Brain has disintegrated into mush and I'm fading fast. Maybe I'll try to update this damned thing a little bit more often, but it has been seen that I kind of suck at sticking with it. We'll see.

I think I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment