Tuesday 16 November 2010

That was unbelievably painful

I just had my Classics final.

Oh. My. God.

That was the most painful exam I have ever had to do. I thought I'd learned quite a bit in that class, but the questions he'd given to us were terrible. They could have been answered in less than a paragraph. Which is all well and good, only an essay is significantly more than a paragraph. My first answer was two pages. Just. I was struggling to get that much down. The second one was a page. One page! I have never written an answer that short, but I wrote everything I could think of that was relevant, and I was struggling to get that much down. In the end I just got up and left.

I hope I haven't failed.

Anyway.

I didn't actually eat lunch today, and I've skipped two of my classes (too busy revising for that damned exam) so I'm kind of hungry, but it suddenly hit me that I hadn't updated this in forever, so here I am now. I'll go eat when I'm finished. I hope there's something good tonight, week one menu tends to be pretty well rubbish.

Went into Lennoxvegas for lunch on Saturday, given that it was brunch and breakfast had been terrible, and we found a little cafe that was fairly dead. It was literally the two of us, the owner and his friend (who is clearly always in there). It was nice though, small menu, nice decor and opera playing (we think it was Italian, it did get discussed). We had a rather nice half hour or so just sitting in there talking with them and eating bagels with (real!) cream cheese. It was a great change from Dewies, and they clearly don't get students in there very often.

I haven't done much of anything, recently. I got my first essay of the month in, my second essay got rescheduled for the same day as my third essay, so I now have three essays in the same week and two on the same day, which I'm really not looking forward to.

I need to dye my hair again - the roots are getting fairly bad again. I don't know how I'm going to accomplish it though, given that I'm in halls with no detachable showerheads, but I suppose I'll work out a way. Or get the hairdye and go to a hairdressers and get them to do it for me. Lazy option, but I don't know. I'm half considering shaving my head, but I think I'd probably regret it if I did, and anyway; I don't think I want to be blonde again, which I would be if I shaved it all off... It's just annoying me and I'm bored of it.

I think I might get another piercing if I can find somewhere nearby that does them. I think a friend of a friend lives in Sherbrooke and will know of somewhere.

Is all this a sign that I'm unbelievably bored and restless at the moment? I think I might take the weekend and go to the mall or something - I need to escape for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment